容易混淆的片語動詞

- A -

*  accede to      同意、答應       

I accede to my daughter’s request.
我答應我的女兒的請求。

*  accompanied by        由人陪同
*  accompanied with     由事物相隨
           

I was accompanied by my son to the post office.
我兒子陪我一起去郵局。

All the new cars sold should be accompanied with a service manual.
所有賣出的新車都應要有一本服務手冊。

*  accord with      同意

He said, “My heart accords with my tongue."
他說,我是心口一致的。

*  account for     

The UK and Germany web users accounted for almost two-thirds of all visits to retail web sites in Europe.
在歐洲的網站中約有2/3的上網者是英國和德國的網路使用者。

He has failed to account for his absence yesterday.
他沒有辦法說明昨天為什麼缺席。

*  accused by      被人指責或指控
*  accused of       被指責或指控做了…壞事

He was accused by his teacher for misconducts.
他被老師指責行為不檢。

Adolf Hitler was accused of having murdered millions of Jews during World War II.
希特勒被指控在第二次大戰期間謀殺了數百萬猶太人。

*  ache for      渴望

His body ached for sleep, and his eyes were beginning to glaze.
他的身體想睡,眼睛也開始呆滯。

*  acquit of      解脫罪行或責任

The defendant was acquitted of all the charges.
這個被告所有的指控皆被判無罪。  

*  add on       加入計算

You have to add the VAT on to the price they have quoted.
他們的報價,你必須再加上加值營業稅(value-added tax)

*  agree with      表示同意的意思,對象為人
                           表示一致或符合的意思,對象為事或物
*  agree to          同意,對象為事
*  agree on        同意(達成協議)

I agree with you
我同意你。                            

The copy agrees with the original.
影本與正本相符合。

His story agrees with mine.
他的說詞與我的(說詞)一致。

 

 

 

 

 

I agree to your points of view.
我同意你的看法。  

They agreed to have a truce.   
他們同意停戰。

We agreed on the terms of the settlement.
我們同意協議條件。

*  aim at      針對...目標

Some magazines are aimed at adults’ market only.
有一些雜誌僅是針對成人市場發行。

*  angry with      憤怒,對象為人
*  angry at          憤怒,對象為事

Don’t ever angry with customers.
永遠不准對顧客發脾氣。

The general public is getting angry at the price hikes.
民眾逐漸對價格上漲感到憤怒。

*  answer back = talk back      頂嘴

You shouldn't talk back to your parents.
你不應該對父母親頂嘴。

*  apologize for      道歉

He apologized for being late.
他對遲到表示道歉。

*  appropriate for      當作動詞:撥款
                                               當作形容詞:適合

The government appropriated special funds for education.
政府撥出特別教育經費。
(當作動詞)

This movie is not appropriate for children.
這部電影兒童不宜。
(當作形容詞)

*  argue with         爭論,對象為人
*  argue for /against /about    爭論,對象為事

It’s useless to argue with you.
跟你爭論毫無用處。

They are arguing for the outcome of the presidential election.
他們正在爭論總統大選的結果。

*  arrive at         到達(一個地方)
*  arrive in          到達(一個區域)

We arrived at the airport on time.
我們準時抵達機場。

We arrived in the city by bus.
我們坐巴士進城。

*  ask about         詢問
*  ask for               請求

He asked me about your health.
他曾問我有關你的建康。

We would like to ask for your assistance.
我們想請你協助。

 

 
   

Copyright 2008
AmStar Creative Ltd.
美星國際企業有限公司

 

Tel: (02) 26730265 Fax: (02)26733532
E-mail: service@amstarcreative.com
Website: www.amstarcreative.com